PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 13, 2010

Everything's Coming Up Music

I just accepted a teaching position that will start September 1st and I'm so excited about it that I wanted to share the news with all of you.
  I've been teaching piano lessons for 20 years and I absolutely love it.  Music was my first passion in life and continues to be my greatest achievement and what I derive the most joy from!  There is nothing better then sitting at a piano and playing, with your whole heart, a wondefully composed classical lullaby!

If my life had gone in a different direction, I would be touring Europe and playing with the symphony!  But, I fell in love, married and then had children.  So I guess that just wasn't meant to be.

But now, I'm starting a new adventure and a new chapter in my book of life!  I'm the music teacher at Cheswick Christian Academy, come Sept 1st.  I'll be teaching grades K thru 6!  I'm both excited and a little nervous too.  I've never had the priviledge of teaching in a classroom setting.  I'm used to the one on one of piano lessons! This task will take some adjusting too, but I'm definitely up for the challenge.
So tonight's post is in celebration of my new job and of all things music!









3 comments:

COUNTRY PICKINS said...

Michelle, I am so happy for you and I know you will be a wonderful teacher. The kids will fall in love with you... you have such a kind and wonderful heart. Many, many heartfelt wishes for you, you are a special lady. Hugs and blessings, Linda (gypsy)

Unknown said...

Linda, that was so sweet of you to say. I'm blessed to have wonderful people like you in my life!

Beth Reed said...

Congrats on your new position! I am sure it will be challenging and rewarding to work with elementary kids.

I am a new follower from MBC and I would love for you to come visit me at http://www.createyourtraditions.com. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails